Friday 8 April 2011

You wouldn't believe it, but...

...36 hours after ordering, this turned up:


My first order direct from EM4! (Don't worry, there are some miniatures in there amidst all the bases). First thing's first - these came crazy quick. I think the only reason they took 36 hours was because I placed the order at midnight. Secondly - the Future Wars and Fantasy minis I ordered arrived cleaned up and undercoated! I'd heard rumours of this madness, but have now seen the truth of it with mine own eyes. I always find cleaning miniatures to be a bit of a chore, so this really is a blessing. Example:




A lovely barbarian, primed grey! Admittedly on this one the primer's scraped off a bit on his nose and hair, but even so he's quite the looker, no? As an aside, yes I might be stealing the idea from Evilcartoonist of painting a mini for each D&D class in the near future.

The tally as it now stands is:

61 vs 201 (+14 from EM4, -4 spaceships to Rob at work) = -140 ()

I'm still amazed at how quickly the order came, I'm still waiting on the arrival of something I ordered on ebay over the weekend...

In other news, I've been frantically cleaning and basing miniatures in preperation for having a week off from work, but managed to slice my thumb open (worse than usual - you can tell a modeller by the thin cuts on their thumb) so that I struggled to hold a knife or paintbrush for a few days (I tried, but kept dropping the knife into my lap, at which point I decided it was probably time to give up...)

No comments:

Post a Comment