Wednesday 25 November 2015

A winner is me!

The lovely Dai over at lostdamnedstunted.blogspot.com recently held a draw, and I was one of the winners! Being the first name selected by the RNG gods, I even got first pick of the prizes, and so had this little lot turn up this week:


10 tiny but perfectly formed stormtroopers from the old WEG release:


They even came packed in an awesome old school TSR D&D minis box (note daughter's excited arms in this pic, as she thinks it's something for her):


I feel a bit bad winning though, as it seems like as opposed to being from Wales as I had assumed (being called Dai, loving rugby) according to the postmark they've come all the way from Sacramento!

Having heard that I had these coming, John did out some spares to add to my collection (presumably hoping to pervert me from the allure of my usual scale) [ignore the painted trooper for the Tally, he was just to show how they look painted up]


So, with these and the Boba Fett and Darth Vader I have tucked away already somewhere, I should have a tidy little Imperial force! Looks like I need to order some 20mm bases and get cracking! (Although I've got the Star Wars PS4 that comes with the new Battlefront game coming for Christmas, so it might be after that that my hobby mojo turns to Star Wars!)

Tally:

59 vs 155 = -96



4 comments:

  1. O mate - I am indeed from Wales, I just moved from my home country 20 years ago and after a mid-20's emigration currently reside in northern California. :)

    Glad they arrived safely. I look forward to seeing you paint them up!

    ReplyDelete