Wednesday 21 December 2022

A mercenary life…

As the end of the year draws closer, so begins the desperate rush to try and drag the Tally back into positive figures. So, in that light, here is a miniature that has been basically finished since the end of September, when he was put aside for Zomtober, and I kept looking at unable to decide what else I wanted to do to finish him off:


Adding that little tuft of grass was the final touch I settled on, as I figured ‘done’ is a quality all of its own, and after spending a couple of months on my painting palette it was time to let him move on.


Unfortunately the harsh lighting of my dining room has washed out the cloak entirely, but in hand he’s actually very dark grey, fading to black in the recesses.

I think I originally bought him back in the day (an embarrassing number of years ago) purely on the strength of that impressive hat, and because apparently he worked well with Asphyxious’ pet Jack. Two editions of the game have passed since that point though, so who knows if he’s a smart choice to take anymore. Cool hats, though, are eternal.

Finishing him brings the Tally to:

74 vs 81 = -7

and also is another mercenary Warmachine model, still nothing completed from any of the factions…

So, what next? My next mini is already finished, but saved to post on a certain day (which I’m sure you can guess), but after that, I’m torn between the huddle of half-painted ratmen on my palette (which would drag the Tally up to 0, as well as being a step closer to being able to play a game of Warhammer), or the three minis that recently got undercoated, for next year’s soon to be announced ongoing project…

4 comments:

  1. Great looking mercenary, hope you and the family have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cracking looking miniature and a happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting mini and great peintjob! I love it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfectly non-Christmasy Christmas miniature! I always had a soft spot for this character but I've never painted it myself. Nice work here, I like the light colored lining of the cloak which gives it a bit of contrast and lets you see what's underneath his cloak a bit better.

    Happy holidays, everyone!

    ReplyDelete