Wednesday 29 September 2021

C is for…

 …Carrion Crawler!

Two, in fact:


As a little palette cleanser between more project focused things (and with the Challenge which I set at the start of the year and then largely ignore until the end of the year starts looming niggling at the corner of my attention) I finished off these two, allowing me to add another entry to the Monstrous Alphabet.


They’re another sculpt from that old D&D board game (that I’m fairly sure I picked up in the Works for a fiver or less that occasionally pops up on Facebook marketplace for thirty quid) and are quite nice despite being monopose plastic board game pieces. One got some bones on his base to set them apart a little, and a smattering of flock largely to hide a couple of spots where I’d managed to lose some of the ground cover through over enthusiastic application of diluted ink…

Here’s what they’re supposed to look like:


Finishing these brings the Tally to:

21 vs 23 = -2


And brings the Monstrous Alphabet to:

A is for
B is for
C is for Carrion Crawler
D is for
E is for Elemental (More than one)
F is for Flameskull
G is for Goblin
H is for
I is for
J is for
I is for
L is for Lich
M is for Mind FlayerMyconidMummy
N is for
O is for Owlbear
P is for
Q is for
R is for
S is for Shambling MoundScarecrowSkeleton
T is for
U is for
V is for
W is for
X is for
Y is for
Z is for Zombie


Which is also one third of the way to crossing another line off on the Challenge:

  • Finish something old
  • Finish a piece of terrain
  • Finish some scatter terrain (3/3)
  • Prep all of the monkeys in the monkey box
  • Paint all of the miniatures in a boxed game
  • Play a game with fully painted miniatures
  • Finish a complete skirmish force for a project (at least 16 miniatures, unless it's for a much smaller scale game like Frostgrave)
  • Repaint something (either a miniature that I have previously painted, or one that was received painted
  • Convert a miniature and show WIP pics
  • Finish the last member of the Nextwave team
  • Complete the classes project (and when I do that, start a project to have painted miniatures to represent all of the Races in the Players Handbook)
  • Add at least 3 entries to the Monstrous Alphabet Project (1/3)
  • Average at least a miniature a week by the end of the year (so, paint 52 miniatures)
  • End the year with the Tally in the positive!


So, how hopeful are we that I’m going to end the year in the positive having painted 52 or more miniatures? I mean, I’m nearly halfway there, so it’s not the most outlandish goal…

Plus, coming soon, Zomtober! I’ve not seen anyone talking about it this year, but as ever I’ll be aiming to paint and post at least one zombie related mini every Sunday in October, and shouting into the void over on Instagram and Twitter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment