Saturday 2 May 2015

"All dwarfs may be bastards, yet not all bastards need be dwarfs"

A solid two years after doing the conversion, I've painted my Tyrion Lannister!


As you may remember, the conversion is based on a LOTR hobbit with green stuff boots, a GW axe and the head of a ... well, I'm not sure entirely, as it was donated for the project, but I'm fairly certain it's from a Wargames Factory sprue. 

Like the entire project, he takes inspiration from a mid-mash of sources - armour and axe from his brief stints in battle at the Battle of the Green Fork and Blackeater, his lack of a nose from... well, mostly from it getting squashed whilst in cautiously cleaning up the plastic head, but we can always claim that it's inspired by his look post the Battle of the Blackwater!

Painting this takes the tally t-

Oh, that.


What can I say, I'm a sucker for a skirmish narrative wargame and this one looks shiny (and I'm already considering the options for swapping out the enemies, or running it as a more free-form game on Space Hulk tiles...)

Painted Tyrion and impulse purchase (although spending a week mulling over whether I was going to get it makes it less of an impulse purchase I suppose) takes the tally to:

19 vs 104 = -85

Alas, my assassins won't be getting painted tonight, as having dug out the Foundry black triad that I bought at Salute last week it turns out that rather than shade, mid-tone and highlight, the pack contains three pots of shade, which is... well, just black really. Maybe I could paint the cape and cowl on the Batman mini I've got on the go an- no wait, that's black too.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete