Sunday 18 October 2020

Zomtober 2020 week 3: here come the girls



Week three brings the female counterparts to last weeks crop of zeds:


Apologies for the super dark pics - they were even wonkier before I got the light box out!



The zombie on the left being clearly pregnant made me somewhat uncomfortable given the implications, so she was left entirely blood free. The other two were given the usual liberal dousing of gore though!



I went for a variety of colours for their gowns and hair just to add a little visual appeal to the horde (there’s well over a hundred painted zombies in my collection now). You might also notice that out of the over a hundred zombies, the one in the middle is the first of my ‘proper’ zombies (the Walking Dead ones don’t count, I guess?) that has grass on their base. I could claim that again it was to provide some visual appeal and break up the expanse of grey in a horde of bases, but really I spilled water on it and it turned out it wasn’t actually as dry as I thought when I started dry brushing the base, resulting in a chunk of material coming up, leaving me to cunningly disguise it with foliage rather than trying to re-sand it!

As well as completing that particular Studio Miniatures pack, finishing these three (and in a shocking twist of events, for the first time in living memory I finished the miniatures for a Zomtober post during the week rather than midnight the night before the post is due to go up) brings the Tally to:

33 vs 111 = -78

What’s next? Will there be a big finish, or more of a whimper? Tune in next week to find out (hopefully)




1 comment:

  1. More useful figures.

    Yes, the idea of a pregnant (or child!) zombie is somewhat unsettling - and so it should be for anyone who has an ounce of humanity in them :-) .

    Grass is good! Unless you're in very heavily maintained areas, there is *always* vegetation outdoors. It's amazing how weeds will grow just anywhere...

    ReplyDelete