Tuesday 20 August 2024

Man’s best friend

So, a couple of weeks back I had the rarest of things - a free evening. My daughter was away at camp, my son was soundly sleeping, and so I dug out my Frostgrave stuff with the full intention of continuing the adventures of Tim the Necromancer. Perusing my Wizard Sheet, I remembered that I’d earned enough money to add a dog to his warband, which was probably quite sensible considering they’re planning on venturing into a ruined potion shop for sniffing out treasures. So I dug out this mini:


He’s the cultist hound, and I think he’s perfect for Tim because he has a fancy little gold armband that you can’t really see in these pictures.

I was originally just going to paint him as a black dog, but decided to instead take inspiration from the studio paint job to avoid it ending up looking too much like something else in the painting queue.


The next half dozen miniatures you’ll see on the blog were mostly painted in a Travelodge in Ilford, as I found myself staying away for work, and figured I’d use it as an opportunity it’s to get some painting done.

Obviously I forgot some vital paints, so they ended up getting finished when I got home…

As well as finishing this mini, I’ve also acquired some more. I found a bricks and mortar board game cafe two doors down from a surviving comic book shop while in Southend for work, and came away with these:


I also ordered myself a couple of sprues of Oathmark orcs, since my family are likely to come across some sooner rather than later in the family D&D game, and weirdly I don’t have any in my collection…


Speaking of work, I also came away with three sprues of space dwarfs, that my colleague saved from the bin for me:


All in, the Tally now stands at:

42 vs 196 = -154


As has been alluded to, there are more finished miniatures on the way. I mean, not enough to pull the Tally back into the black, but enough to nudge the needle a fraction…

1 comment:

  1. Love the dog companion and great that you have been able to get some hobby time when away from home.

    ReplyDelete