Saturday 20 May 2017

Updated adventures in my stripping pot

For the first time in several years, I've completely emptied out my stripping pot!


Well, it really was an odd mix of bits and bobs - some metal Skaven Gutter Runners; some broken plastic marines that I think I had vague plans to try and refurbish into Heresy era marines; a couple of em4 post apocalyptic savages dug out of the miniature drawers to use as Fallout Raiders; an em4 figure that I'd earmarked as a potential basis for a Dirty Frank conversion but may have to abandon until I can find a more hunched figure; and a batch of em4 'not-terminators' that I'm torn between modelling as Fallout Synths or Hutt Battle droids for Star Wars (like the ones that appeared in the now defunct mobile game Star Wars Uprising), although I think with some careful colour choices I think I might be able to get away with using them for both...

2017 Challenges:

  • Finish 5 miniatures from my WIP drawer before starting anything new (5/5)
  • Finish 10 miniatures from my WIP drawer before starting anything new (10/10)
  • Finish 15 miniatures from my WIP drawer before starting anything new (16/15)
  • Finish something years old
  • Finish something SUPER old (as in, pre-blog old) x2
  • Finish a piece of terrain x3 
  • Empty out my stripping pot
  • Paint something from the stripping pot
  • Prep all of the monkeys in the monkey box
  • Build a wargames board
  • Paint all of the miniatures in a boxed game
  • Open Star Wars Imperial Assault and paint all the miniatures from it
  • Paint all the miniatures needed to replace the tokens in the Imperial Assault Core Game
  •  Paint a complete box of miniatures (either a full regiment or starter)
  •  Finish a complete skirmish force for a project (at least 16 miniatures, unless it's for a much smaller scale game like Batman)
  • Repaint something (either a miniature that I have previously painted, or one that was received painted)

I'm not intentionally working through them in order, I swear! Note to future Olly - watch some Planet of the Apes and get cracking on the monkey box!

In other news, I also reread pretty much the entirety of Sinister Dexter, so have a hankering to place a little order with East Riding Miniatures for a set of miniatures that look somewhat uncannily like the eponymous hitmen from the series. I have absolutely no use for them, realistically, though, so I might be able to resist.


1 comment:

  1. Practically charging through the list now! Getting close to that monkey box. ;)

    ReplyDelete