Wednesday 4 January 2017

Monica!


Is gonna microwave your ass (to once again reference the Nextwave theme tune):


She was in the Avengers, you know.


This was quite a fun miniature to paint, even though I'm not normally a fan of painting white, and colour matching something existing rather than just making it up as I go along (the jacket, in this case) is also not one of my favourite things. I was tempted to try and paint some 'sparkles' on the 'whoosh' effect on the miniature, but thought better of it...


Finishing Monica means that I'm now past the half way point for completing the Nextwave squad (and it's only taken me five and a half years). Once I've finished Tabitha and Aaron, I'll see about getting some Doombot heads to splice onto generic suited thug bodies to make some mooks for them to punch out. Plus, another fringe benefit of Nextwave being such a mad series is that I could dig through my stashes of Heroclix, pull out multiple Wolverine models, replace all their heads with telephones, and call it good for a random Beyond Corporation weapon...


Tally:

1 vs 0 = +1

But what next? I think I might stick to my guns and try to clear off my painting table to make space to make some terrain, truth be told...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great way to start the year, fabulous job on a great miniature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work, and I loved the Nextwave series, and Monica as Captain Marvel in the Avengers, so even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up Next Wave. (I'm so behind the times on comics these days...) Fun stuff though.

    Your depiction of Monica is spot on and very well done!

    ReplyDelete