Monday 9 January 2017

2017 Challenges?

I feel like what this year is lacking is a series of hoops to jump through to try and encourage myself to make some hobby progress.

I'm thinking maybe something along the lines of:
  • Finish 5 miniatures from my WIP drawer before starting anything new
  • Finish 10 miniatures from my WIP drawer before starting anything new
  • Finish 15 miniatures from my WIP drawer before starting anything new
  • Finish a piece of terrain
  • Empty out my stripping pot
  • Paint something from the stripping pot
  • Prep all of the monkeys in the monkey box

Any suggestions?

7 comments:

  1. I want to know more about the monkeys, so that has to be it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the wife and I are going to get around to watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes next week, so that might inspire me to crack on with them!

      Delete
  2. Are you working towards being able to field any specific army/force? Or maybe make an opposing force for something you can field one side of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had that focus - most of my projects are vaguely themed around 'all I'll need to paint is x and then I'll be able to play some games' but I never seem to get that far..

      Delete
    2. Pulp alley is pretty good for allowing you to throw together a half dozen random figs per side and having a fun game on a small table.

      If you get some games in, it might help you focus on 'the one fig I need to finish that team'.

      Delete
  3. You have a monkey box too, what's in yours? I have lots of simian types brandishing sticks that I was sure that I needed at some point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much the same! I think I watched Planet of the Apes (the first modern one) and thought 'hey, if I paint a few apes I could use them with my modern zombie survivors' and bought all sorts of varieties of ape (including a rather nice 'simian alpha' from Lucid Eye miniatures at Salute) but a lot of them have chunky integral bases, the removal of which has delaye their progress...

      Delete