Friday 12 June 2020

When I was your age, clearing rats out of a tavern basement...


...was a perfectly respectable way to start your adventuring career...


Swarms of rats! These resin beauties were from Anvil Industries, purchased originally with the intention of using them for Zona Alfa but also slotting nicely into my needs for the first Rangers of Shadow Deep scenario (as well as any potential future D&D games - they don’t get a full entry in the Monster Manual, so don’t count towards my Monstrous Alphabet challenge alas). The single rat is just in case we ever need a familiar or pet in a future game...

5 bases brings the Tally to:

8 vs 68 = -60


Coming soon: more miniatures that I need for the first Rangers of Shadow Deep scenario, and then presumably I should finish the scenery that I’ve been putting off finishing. I’m back at work now though, so hobby time is slightly reduced...

What’s not coming soon: Horus Heresy. I briefly imagined a future project which is a mini Horus Heresy campaign, with a number of small skirmishes affecting the force compositions of the final, epic-scale battle, but looking at the prices for epic stuff on eBay that’s been quashed right down for now...

4 comments:

  1. As I dimly recall, "swarms" is the MM entry covering groups of small foes. If you do a few bases of weasels or something, I'd say that you got S covered... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, when I set myself the Monstrous Alphabet challenge I worded it in such a way to only include monsters with a proper illustrated entry rather than from one of the appendices! I’m fine for S though, with scarecrows, spectres, skeletons etc, it’s things like X and Q that are going to be a pickle!

      Delete