Monday 1 January 2018

Ringing in the New Year...

So, it looks like much like the Tally, my ability to come up with punny blog post titles also resets with the changing of the year!

Thus, I present for your delectation a bell golem:


An old Dreamblade sculpt that I've had tucked away for years awaiting the right moment to hack off of his base and repaint. I fell in love with the ridiculousness of this sculpt the second I opened it - I firmly subscribe to the idea that wizards are dumb and nonsensical. Not the idea of wizards, I hastly clarify, but wizards individually - this is why they think things like 'hey, I can use magic to cross an owl with a bear and that's definitely a good idea' or 'why don't I enchant a golem that as an alarm system will smash itself in the face with a mallet to alert me to intruders. I am truly the greatest thinker of my generation'. Amazing.


The original paint job on the miniature was pretty much monocoloured, so for a little more visual interest when I repainted him I gave him a wooden haft on his hammer, and painted some of what I assume were originally intended to be rivets on his hammer as jewels. Plus, some weathering, and carefully picking out the very shallow detail on his face, and we avoid having a totally bland finished figure.


Here he is with Conan for scale. Conan is presumably jealous that this random monster got flock and static grass whilst he straddles bare rock.

Tally

1 vs 0 = +1 

Ah, it begins so strongly...

1 comment:

  1. A strong showing with a mini on the first. I quite like the miniature, the etched face is quite clever (but really the whole thing is clever). Definitely a risk of monotone, but you've managed to keep in visually interesting.

    ReplyDelete