You know what a skirmish scale Apes comma Planet Of The (and or the rise thereof) warband would need to really be it's best? That's right, a whacking great gorilla:
This chunky monkey is from GCT Studios Bushido game, and is a suitably battle scarred, huge and imposing miniature - much more so than the original miniature sourced to be the muscle of the group:
That's more like it.
I see him as the 'big brother' of the group - the Orangutan is the wise elder, the gorilla the muscle, the smart ape is the leader, and the rest are a horde of chattering simians, poop flinging canon fodder being chaperoned by advanced, more evolved apes.
I made the mistake at looking at the studio painted version at Salute. It is much nicer than mine. It's nipples are better highlighted.
I love the scars on the miniature - he looks properly grizzled! I think I'll retire the original gorilla to the role of a young male, tagging along behind this alpha male...
12 vs 40 = -28
12 vs 40 = -28
- Finish 5 miniatures from my WIP drawer before starting anything new (5/5)
- Finish 10 miniatures from my WIP drawer before starting anything new (10/10)
- Finish 15 miniatures from my WIP drawer before starting anything new (11/15)
- Finish something years old
- Finish something SUPER old (as in, pre-blog old) x2
- Finish a piece of terrain x3
- Empty out my stripping pot
- Paint something from the stripping pot
- Prep all of the monkeys in the monkey box
- Build a wargames board
- Paint all of the miniatures in a boxed game
- Open Star Wars Imperial Assault and paint all the miniatures from it
- Paint all the miniatures needed to replace the tokens in the Imperial Assault Core Game
- Paint a complete box of miniatures (either a full regiment or starter)
- Finish a complete skirmish force for a project (at least 16 miniatures, unless it's for a much smaller scale game like Batman)
- Repaint something (either a miniature that I have previously painted, or one that was received painted)