Progress has been slow recently, despite my
desperation enthusiasm to get fifteen miniatures finished before starting anything new, before Salute and May Fourth, largely because I keep falling asleep whenever I put my daughter to bed recently...
When I've managed to stave off narcolepsy though, I've managed to squeeze in the occasional hour painting while my wife is at work and finished painting Rincewind and the Luggage, only 62 months after I built them
Ah Rincewind, hapless protagonist of the early Discworld books that we didn't really see much of in later years...
And the Luggage, animated carry case and psychopath:
I really, really like this sculpt; if I had any criticism it would be that the detail is a little soft on the feet. They've also not photographed especially well, but I can assure you time was spent highlighting each of the many many toes!
Not much else to say about these really, except to note that these are the first miniatures that I've ever painted purely for display purposes - everything else has been intended for a game (although most of those plans haven't come to fruition, but that's neither here nor there).
Finishing these brings the Tally to:
8 vs -10 = +18
- Finish 5 miniatures from my WIP drawer before starting anything new (5/5)
- Finish 10 miniatures from my WIP drawer before starting anything new (7/10)
- Finish 15 miniatures from my WIP drawer before starting anything new (7/15)
- Finish something years old
- Finish something SUPER old (as in, pre-blog old)
- Finish a piece of terrain x3
- Empty out my stripping pot
- Paint something from the stripping pot
- Prep all of the monkeys in the monkey box
- Build a wargames board
- Paint all of the miniatures in a boxed game
- Open Star Wars Imperial Assault and paint all the miniatures from it
- Paint all the miniatures needed to replace the tokens in the Imperial Assault Core Game
- Paint a complete box of miniatures (either a full regiment or starter)
- Finish a complete skirmish force for a project (at least 16 miniatures, unless it's for a much smaller scale game like Batman)
- Repaint something (either a miniature that I have previously painted, or one that was received painted)
So, 8 more old miniatures to paint to finish off the top of the challenge before I can get started on the rest - but with Salute imminent, who knows how far I'll get before getting distracted...