Sunday, 11 October 2026

Zomtober 2026 week 2 - more of the saaaaaaame

Another Sunday in Zomtober, another pair of Mordheim zombies spruced up after twenty-something years:


I know, I know, removing the head kills the zombie in most fictions, but to reiterate I built these when I was but a teen, and the idea of a zombie fumbling around looking for it’s missing head was (and still is) funny to me.


These sculpts are a bit of an odd duck - there’s some lovely details on there, like the back and ribs of the chap on the right, but they’re also kind of clunky (as was the style at the time) and the arms connect via a tiny ball and socket joint, which looks a little odd. Not so odd that I won’t add them to the horde though, which brings the tally to:

56 vs 296 = -240

What’s next? Well, I’m currently building a warband for Black Death City, and have something for yet another game on my painting tile, as well as the next batch of zombies, so who knows…

No comments:

Post a Comment