Saturday 4 May 2024

Distant tooting 2: electric boogaloo

As is tradition, for May the Fourth I present a Star Wars themed miniature, and this year we have a Grogu expy from Diehard miniatures:


Also handy for meaning that I’ve actually painted something that I purchased at Salute, which doesn’t necessarily always happen in the same year… 

Natural light means you can actually see some of the painting, which makes a nice change. I probably should have given him even bigger pupils to make him more screen accurate, but I quite like how they turned out so I’ll stick with that I think.


He also goes quite nicely with my May the Fourth offering from 2021:


Re-reading the original post, I notice that Tim Prow actually commented on it at the time saying that this mini was available!

Painting him brings the Tally to:

9 vs 147 = -138

I’ve managed to not acquire any more miniatures this week, so the Tally continues to push towards being back in the black slowly. 

As for what’s next? I’ve got Frostgrave and Silver Bayonet minis approaching completion on my painting tile currently, but on the other hand we’ve been watching the Fallout TV series, so that project is back on. I wonder if I could use the Modiphius rules and proxy in my own stuff? It’s a shame that there’s no stock of the starter set at work…

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done. I love the comment about painting something from Salute in the same year, it sounded far too familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An effective paint job. Well done on both minis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, so cute! What's not to love about it?

    ReplyDelete