Tuesday 10 May 2022

The Protector of travelers in the night

 Moon Knight! He’s been prepped to paint for ages (I think since the Disney series was initially announced), but finally got finished this week, as the final episode of the aforementioned series is now out…

Which is surprising, given that he’s basically one colour. 

I’m not a huge fan of painting white, but have discovered the secret to this - paint it a very light grey and then use grey to shade it, before adding white to the mix to highlight, and it comes out looking not terrible!


Well, don’t look too closely at that cape as I describe it as not terrible, but you get what I mean.

The miniature itself is an old bendy Heroclix figure picked out of a bargain bin at Salute many years ago, mostly because of having seen the character in someone’s avatar many times over the years over on the LAF (you’ll know who I mean if you ever frequent that particular forum). In the years between buying the figure and actually painting it, I got round to reading a bunch of the Moon Knight comics (the Ellis and Lemire runs, and even the Max Bemis run) and found myself enjoying them. Now, on to paint one of his iconic enemies like… I don’t know, another Moon Knight? Some sort of mercenary? Some generic dudes? Maybe I’ll shelve that plan then…


The Tally:

15 vs 46 = -31


Next, back to that unit of Skaven I’ve been working on all this time, but still haven’t got ready to show…

3 comments:

  1. Great work on all that white on your Moon Knight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, getting white right can be challenging, but you actually managed to do a great job. You really made the most of this mini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the white! I've found that GW Corax White or Vallejo Off-White work really well as basecoats for pure white.

    ReplyDelete