Friday 4 May 2018

My backpack's got jets...

...I'm Boba the Fett:


(listen to the song here if you haven't already):


So, it's been a long time coming, but I finally painted my Knight Models Boba Fett: Happy May the Fourth!


It's a gorgeous model (even if that tiny antenna piece was the bane of my life, as it bent if you so much as looked at it), which I watched the Sorastro video as painting inspiration for before realising that I don't actually own most of the paints that he suggests and having to make do.

Painting was somewhat stressful though - how do historical wargamers manage not to tear their hair out trying to match details on often contradictory reference material? I persevered though, even going as far as to use my helmet and Black Series action figure for reference on where to place the battle damage...


Fun fact - this is the only Star Wars miniature in my collection that features grass on his base. I knocked a chunk of sand off in the early stages of painting, and rather than fixing it right then when it would have been easiest, I figured I could paint it to look like a scorched blast in the ground. It did not look good, but by that point it was too late to repair without needing to then repaint the whole base, so out came a little dab of grass to disguise it...

I'm not the world's greatest painter, but (as you can probably tell by the fact that there are more pictures than the usual front and back shots) I'm really happy with how he came out, even the wobbly freehand, which is normally the bane of my painting experience...

So, it's been 6 years, but I now have all of the bounty hunters from that famous scene painted:


(click on the bounty hunter tag over on the right if you want to go back and look at any of the others)

Tally: 10 vs - -42 = +52 (more stuff sold on eBay, as I'm still selling things to fund supporting the Mantic Hellboy Kickstarter)

In other news, I spent the GW voucher I got at Easter from my Mother-in Law on a copy of Gang War 1, in the hopes that I can spur myself to build some gangs for Necromunda! There are some Marvel characters and an assortment of other bits and bobs to distract me in the painting queue though...

In other other news, I also won an Instagram giveaway and was sent a set of Walking Dead figures:


and after a tip-off from Uncle Johnny got some 2x2 boards from down the side of a skip:


They're nicely modelled (I suspect whoever made them originally did so as Armies on Parade boards) and I think with a little spruce up they'll be great for some skirmish wargaming like Path to Glory. Currently they're mostly a tripping hazard in the basement.

2 comments: