Monday 13 April 2015

There are no men like me. There's only me

Jaime Lannister... How do I begin to explain Jaime Lannister?
Jaime Lannister is flawless. 
I hear his hair's insured for 10,000 Gold Dragons.
I hear he does cart commercials... in Asshai.
His favorite bard is The Blue Bard.
One time he met Loras Tyrell on a tourney field... 
 - And he told him he was pretty. 
One time he punched me in the face... it was awesome.

(If you've never seen the film Mean Girls, that heavily referential joke probably fell flat)


So, as you may have guessed, I managed to finish painting the Jaime Lannister conversion that I'd been meaning to finish for so long in order to face off against the tiny Ned Stark I had previously completed (in order to refight the confrontation in the streets of King's Landing when Jaime discovers that Catelyn Stark has taken his brother prisoner, hence him being in a long coat rather than full plate). The two generic lads flanking him are both minor conversions that I'd built a while ago that I largely painted whilst waiting for washes to dry on other miniatures...


I hate my painting most days, but I eventually got his coat to a stage I was happy to stop and walk away from...

Tally -

18 vs 22 = -4


Having finished these three miniatures brings my total of painted Lannisters to neneteen men, although if I finish the next figure in my painting queue it will be nineteen and a half, if you catch my drift...

4 comments:

  1. Well done, they are splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome paintwork, and if remember correctly, you beat the 2-3 years mark from conversion to finished by about 1.5-2yrs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete